You want to make sure your assets can sustain you for the rest of your lives. You may want to maximise your social security entitlements. You may want help with the complexities of pension, superannuation and social security rules.
Your children have grown up and probably have their own lives and families to focus on. You've stopped working altogether, or you maybe working part time just to keep yourself active.
Whichever approach to retirement you've taken, now is your time.
Time for you and your spouse/partner to focus on the things you've been planning to do once you retire. It could be a specific hobby you're passionate about, reducing that golfing handicap or taking an overseas trip. Whatever the pastime, you can now enjoy the lifestyle you've worked so hard to achieve.
The challenges you may be facing:
- Funding a preferred lifestyle
- Providing for children & grandchildren
- Downsizing the family home
For people at this lifestage, you may want to think about the following strategies:
- Live within your means. You’ll never know how long you will live—who knows, you might reach 100!
- Make sure your will is in order.
- Make sure your adult children have a long-term insurance plan that protects both them and their family.
We can assist with:
- Retirement income streams
- Allocated pensions
- Centrelink entitlements
- Reverse mortgages
- Estate planning considerations