Your student loans might be paid off, or you have savings to begin investing. You may have been promoted at work, or building a business. You may have bought your first home, or are planning to start a family. It’s important at this stage to focus on saving, budgeting, and debt management.
You’ve progressed in your career and may be in a supervisory or management position. You may thus be earning more now, enabling you to lay the foundations for future wealth.
The choices you make and the habits you develop in the getting ahead stage may impact how much financial freedom you have through the years and even decades ahead.
The challenges you may be facing:
- Purchasing property
- Marriage or cohabitation
- Providing for children or other dependants
- Changing jobs or starting a business
- Increasing household expenses
For people at this lifestage, you may want to think about the following strategies:
- Saving - eg. transferring a percentage of your salary to a separate saving account where it can earn interest.
- Wealth protection - eg. Income protection insurance ensures you continue to earn an income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Investments - eg. shares and managed funds. These investments may help you grow your money even more.
- Debt management - and keeping it under control.
We can assist with:
- Debt management or consolidation, including mortgage considerations
- Insurance as a high priority (income protection, life , trauma, TPD)
- Superannuation strategies